The emergence of black and white wedding gowns has a long history. The old saying was “Marry in black, you’ll wish yourself back,” but even in the 19th century, women sometimes wore their good black dresses for their weddings. As a dress designated solely for nuptials was something only worn by the very wealthy until comparatively recently, so the uniformly white wedding dress was something not seen so much in centuries past.
Black and white wedding gowns were seen initially in the Art Deco era, as the stunning color contrast so prevalent in art, architecture, design, and fashion would (more…)
Possibly Related Posts:
- Appealing and Impressive Short Wedding Dresses
- Perfect Look in Short Wedding Dresses
- Why a Short Wedding Dress
- Having Great Summer and Spring Wedding with Short Wedding Dresses
- Perfect Casual Wedding Dresses